Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy first Valentine's Day, Annabelle!

We managed to have a nice Valentine's Day despite being in the hospital.  In the morning we were able to start feeding Annabelle by mouth again, and she drank Pedialyte with a very thirsty fervor.  Nana and Granddude took us out to lunch at the Strawberry Street Cafe while Annabelle slept and played with her nurse.  

In the afternoon, the pediatric ward had a Valentine's Day party, and a caricature artist was doing pictures.  I had him draw Sophie and Annabelle - what fun!


Dr. Lanning came by to visit and said everything looks wonderful - if Annabelle continues to do well with her feeds, we may be able to go home tomorrow or Sunday, which would be great!

During the evening nap, Keegan and I went to Bottom's Up pizza, which is the only destination for Valentine's dinner when your daughter has just had surgery on her bottom!

I have the best Valentine around.

Annabelle seems to be feeling much better today and was even up for some playtime with her plastic keys before bed.  I love that little smile!

I have the TWO best Valentines around.  Plus another sweetie at home!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad she's doing so well -- she looks adorable in her little Valentine's Day outfit! I am so sad not to be seeing you, but I (the last holdout of us six) finally came down with the horrible head cold night before last and I don't want to bring you guys any germs. I can't believe you're ten minutes away and I can't see you! I hope you'll get to go home today to your other Valentine! Much love from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines! I am still laughing about Bottoms up! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete