Thursday, February 13, 2014

Surgery Is Over!

Annabelle came through her long surgery today and is doing well. She went back with the anesthesia team around 9:20, and I was able to get some breakfast. Keegan arrived and took over waiting while I got a shower and a nap. Keegan and I had a nice lunch and quiet afternoon, and we finally got to see Annabelle around 4. I held her for a while, but she was very sleepy all evening and was asleep when I left to get some sleep. The doctor was very happy with how the surgery went, which is very encouraging. She has started receiving some Pedialyte through her feeding tube. She has a catheter in, so we don't have to worry about diapers for a while. Tomorrow we may start with formula again. I will let you know how it all goes. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything went well! Wishing Annabelle speedy healing! Much love from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it is all going pretty good so far. Hope today is a good day for little Annabelle. Sending hugs, and love your way.

    ReplyDelete