Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Home Again

Sorry, followers, that I stopped updating at the crucial moment when we got discharged from the hospital!  We got to go home on Saturday, a full two days earlier than we were expecting.  Annabelle is a trooper and seems to be feeling pretty good.  She is eager to play and smile, although not so eager to drink her bottle.  I was expecting the surgery to put her off her game for a while, though, so we will keep plugging on and hope she starts taking more formula by mouth again soon.  The major problem today is just keeping the surgical wound clean.  There are stitches that have to be dabbed at delicately, and this is not compatible with cleaning up after a messy diaper.  So now we have diaper rash and a fussy baby.  But I hope that as her digestive system gets back to normal after the surgery there will be less messy diapers, and that should help the rash heal.  I'm so glad we're getting this over with, I keep telling myself.

2 comments:

  1. We are really happy that the surgery went well and that you are home again!! Sending happy thoughts and well wishes to everyone. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home! I hope Annabelle will heal quickly. Much love from all of us.

    ReplyDelete