Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Big Day Tomorrow

It's been a long time since I've updated here.  Ever since Annabelle's crazy week of appointments in October, I've been feeling overwhelmed and anxious about her health and her future.  I could deal with that by writing blog posts asking for support or philosophical posts making the best of things.  Or I could deal with that by watching lots of TV and eating lots of junk food.  Guess which one I chose?  Sorry, dear readers.

Some of you may know that Annabelle is scheduled for her first surgery tomorrow morning (wonder if I could find a baby book that lists THAT first?).  We have to be in Richmond at 6 a.m., so I will not write much more now.  Her surgery will be at 8 a.m., and it will be to place her feeding tube and do another procedure to help with her reflux (it's called a Nissen fundoplication, if you're interested).  She should be finished with surgery around noon, and then the fun will begin as she recovers and we learn how to feed her using her fancy-schmancy new tube.  We should be able to go home on Saturday if all goes well.  I will try to post brief updates here as I can.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Mind numbing TV and junk food is definitely the best way to go. Good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete