Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was a very special Thanksgiving for us because it was Annabelle's first Thanksgiving and our first Thanksgiving back in the U.S. after five years celebrating in Korea.

Ready to eat!  (Annabelle napped through approximately my first three sips of soup before requiring attention.)

I am thankful for big things:

  • Being back in my home country, with my family.
  • Having two amazing daughters.
  • Annabelle's feeding tube and our ability to really feed her what she needs to grow.
  • Having Keegan's support and help every day.
  • Having my family's support and help so often.
  • Having an amazing group of new friends in Williamsburg.
  • Having an amazing group of cyber friends who care for children like Annabelle and understand firsthand the ins and outs of clinic visits, scary diagnoses, and feeding tubes.
  • My parents moving to Williamsburg in just over a month.


I am thankful for small things:

  • The chance to run in the Williamsburg Turkey Trot this morning, despite a killer side stitch that developed after the first mile.
  • Pumpkin bread, green bean casserole, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.  We have some good cooks in our family!
  • A walk around the neighborhood on a beautiful, chilly day.
  • A fireplace to sit around with good cooks and the kids.
  • Movie night with hot chocolate.
  • Kids in bed, a cat in the lap, and a few free minutes to myself.
  • The promise of three more days before the daily grind starts up again.

Now, off to raid the fridge for some leftovers...

Together again

2 comments: